Wednesday, May 28, 2008

5/28/2008: Fabulousity & Fat Chunkery


Lately I've been heavily inspired by James Jean, Alessandro Barbucci, and the usage of 1960's typography. It's been a long while since I've dared to touch base on type art, since I've been known to fail at word-designs immensely. This illustration is again, made for the enterVOID community. It's a promotional piece for a sequential 'battle' that my cousin and I will hopefully work on someday soon.

I recently submitted my entry for SLG's Fat Chunk Anthology number 2, which will be in stores November of this year. For those of you who are unaware, FatChunk is a 144 page comic anthology consisting of a variety of comic artists of all levels of skill and cunning, brought to you by BOHDATE.com & published by the head minions of Slave Labor Graphics ( the guys that published JTHM and Lenore. ). Volume one: Robots should've hit the comic book shelves this month. Cross your fingers and let's hope I make the cut.


No comments: